I never scart should be included I was using it as input source to tv as example.. with the amount of converter plugs on the market.... as I said I wasn't sure on scart resolution that's all

scart is a non issue anyway..

my current setup goes like this
tv av2
sony vhs
av switch 1
xbox1
ps2
cable box
jvc dvd player
n64

tv av2
av switch 2

snes
sony 5-disc dvd player
onkyo 6-disc dvd player

+ network switch
reducing 3 switches to 1 saves on using multiple 9-12 volt power paks to power them not to mention the power board real estate that consumes..

my ultimate gain is to loose as many switches as possible
a 3 output hdmi option allows me to extend to a secondary receiver for an outdoor entertainment area..

I want certain options when I fork out over $4,000AUD in a Processor/pre-amp

I want all bases covered if possible..

given most processor/pre-amps are usually no bigger in size to avr counterparts, I would like someone to design something for practical use not something that uses shared resources way to much.. which uses the either/or principle..

I want to see a processor/pre-amp have a greater shelf life than the 2-3 year until the great hype comes out.

for inbuilt network something similar to a cisco module could be used..

I think making the pre-amp/processor more modular in design makes for a better outcome for the end user.

actually go back to the design board, redesign the chassis to improve air flow, when everyone keeps using the same old ref design from existing models nothing will ever improve the use of it, always cramming shit into the smallest chassis possible isn't the way to go..

Edited by redman6 (04/30/10 12:46 AM)

lounge

68cm sharp tv

joytech xbox 360 network av switch

xbox
xbox 360
ps2
ps3
n64
snes
cable box
vcr
joytech av switch
onkyo dv-cp 704
sony 5-disc dvd player
jvc s42-sl
lengend dvd player
yamaha tss-15 fibre linked for 5.1

pc with a yamaha tss-10 fibre linked for 5.1..

bed room
sony 32" dtv
sony dvp 390 brd
sharp dv-790