I thought about that, too, but even then I wonder how much market would exist for something like that. If it were simply a switcher (lots of composite and stereo analog inputs) with a remote control, it would be practical - such things already exist. If it also had video switching that could transcode composite to component or ADC's to convert analog audio to an optical output, that would be a more specialized product. The hardware would cost more to build, and the market interested in it would probably be smaller. That gets into the realm of folks like Zektor. Really nifty video switching gear, but also pretty darn pricey. The Clarity switch, for example, will handle many of these tasks (switching eight component inputs and three composite/s-video inputs to component output, converting analog audio to digital, and converting digital audio to analog). The 8x8 has eight outputs (component, stereo analog, and coaxial digital at each output). The 8x4 appears to have half the number of audio and video outputs, which would still be overkill for our case but not as much so as the 8x8. Costs aren't listed, but since the comparatively simple HDS4x2 costs $600, I wouldn't expect the Clarity to be cheap.