Originally Posted By: redman6
I'm wanting to expand the current lock-in gaming platform being introduced and giving it steroids to cover the gaming platform the way it should be covered..
to have support for multiple av consoles is my ultimate idea/ solution.. for ps1,ps2,snes, n64, game cube, dreamcast, xbox, xbox 360 and pc..

For that, I've got a separate idea: an outboard "legacy AV box" that could switch between various sources (composite and component video, stereo analog audio and a few digital audio inputs) and then output a single signal (transcoded component video and digital audio, perhaps) that went to the surround processor. That would let those older devices (particularly PS1, SNES, N64, GC, DC) connect easily while tying up a single input on the processor. The harsh truth is that building a modern surround processor with enough inputs to support simultaneous connection of every game console built in the last 15 years is not an economically practical concept for any company to develop. A legacy box like I describe is itself probably difficult to justify, although you could potentially find some good AV switching solutions that would serve a similar purpose.