PS

Forgot the REL t2. for those that worry about sub base features not being available in analog, it is a great alternative. For movies it adds enough ( and I know this is subjective) punch but for music it is superb and relatively ( again I know that term is subjective) affordable.

I guess I am what is referred to as a troll. I have been reading with interest and ultimately sadness of the demise of the 997. That caused me to expand my horizons and hence the Primare and Cary inquiries. But to make my point about the importance of analog first, go to a snooty high end store that carries the new NAD digital amplifier. Listen to Let it Be, you will be impressed. Then ask to play the vinyl version on an entry level tt and system. There is reason our ears are analog receptors and this little exercise will remind us of why we got hooked in the first place. I know there are digital possibilities out there that close the gap, but none I can afford. That is why focusing on the analog and exceeding all expectations is the key to the company's success. Then they can focus on features and speakers etc. Sound, it is what it is all about.