Benjamin,

Yes, I do use the same speaker on all five channels. (I have an Outlaw lfm subwoofer...) All six speakers are directly hooked up to the Outlaw 950. When I first set the system up I was using three Alesis powered speakers for the center and surrounds. It was very apparent that the speakers didn't match. I could easily hear a gross difference. I believe that using five identical speakers is the way to go especially if you're listening to sacd's or dvd-a's. Since my screen (for the projector in the back of the room) hangs down to about 3 1/2' off the floor I was easily able to mount all three Mackies vertically and 18" off the floor. My two surrounds had to be hung from the ceiling, tilted and aimed towards the "sweet spot" where I sit. This was due to doorways that had to remain passable. I'm a musician and this setup yields sublime sound. I first used the Mackies as close-field monitors for my home studio. When I was setting up the theater I realized that those speakers were giving me well-balanced, satisfying sound. Some free advice if you go this way: the small Mackies don't sound as good/the same. Mackie sells a center speaker and subwoofer with which I have no experience...they're expensive. Anyone have a comment about these guys?

Jay