What about on On Screen Display ("OSD") that overlay's the current video source like a heads up display in an aircraft such that you can still see the video source as well as the ghost graphics? My 990 is in a cabinet, and even with the cabinet door open, it is too far away for practical use. And, the current 990 OSD only works when you switch TV input sources and then activate the OSD. Therefore, any time I want to check settings (including whether my Zone 2 is on), I have to get up and walk over to the 990. Why can't there be an option that allows overlaying ghost graphics onto the current video source for a couple seconds upon switching sources and inputs or upon toggling a button? From a layman's perspective, it seems like this would be a simple thing to provide in the 998 if the 998 is doing the video switching--it could just interject the graphics when necessary.

On a similar note, please make the secondary zone display graphics in the 998 work independently from the rest of the display. I shouldn't have to activate the normal display (like turning the volume up) simply to know if my secondary zone is on and activiated and piping music to a remote location in my house.

Ed.
Apple TV w/750 gb HD music server
Universal MX-810
Scientific Atlanta 8300HD DVR
Blue Jeans Cables