Originally Posted By: Jimna
i have a 3808 also and i thought the GUI was well done. the network player sucks and is the worst software ever, but navigating the functions of the unit are quite good IMO.

I suppose it's a matter of perspective. Compared to the unit it replaced, the Denon was a revelation. However, I don't use my bedroom system as often or tweak it as much as my main system, and even though I read the manual through when I bought it, I still have trouble finding what I want in the menu.

That being said, you're more likely to find competent interface designers in the web trades, not electronics manufacturing, and that bears out in many examples even today, so from that aspect the ones that try are to be commended. I hate to bang the Apple drum here, but one reason their products are so well liked is that the interfaces are generally consistent and structured in a way that's rewarding to the user. You find a few phones that ape the iphone form factor, but you find a lot that ape its interfaces. That's what I'd ideally want - an interface that every other manufacturer would want to mimic.

I know I'm asking a lot, but with the money we plunk down on prepros/receivers/etc and as customer-centric as Outlaw is, I'd like to think they will see room for improvement there.