My suggestions carry forward from some of the pet peeves that I have my the Onkyo 886.

1. On the 886, the sub outputs on Zones 2 and 3 are next to useless (for reasons I won't go into.) Please build in flexible bass management controls (selectable Xover point and adjustable levels would be great - perhaps with a calibration tone to make the job easier and more accurate.)

2. Show real-time plots of Trinnov's effect(s) - and allow post-auto set-up tweaking using those plots. Even my Pioneer 1019 receiver that I bought new for $400 and use in my secondary HT shows great post-EQ plots etc. The Onkyo 886 shows me: nada. Zilch. And it allows no post-auto EQ tweaking. All tweaks start from scratch. (And while I'm on the subject of auto-EQ etc.... In my main HT I don't use the Audyssey on the 886 (it does more harm than good) however Pioneer's Auto MCACC on the 1019 does an incredibly good job. I'd be happy if Trinnov performed as well as MCACC where the two have comparable features (like level, distance, and EQ settings.) That Trinnov is supposed to be better is merely a bonus.

3. Wired, wireless, and USB firmware upgrades. Hey! I like having options. The 886 gives me none. I don't need content streaming; I have some of that with my Sony BD player now and by the time the 998 hits the market just about any semi-quality BD player will come with it anyhow. So long as one piece of gear in my racks supports it (and it might as well be the cheapest and easiest component to replace) that's all I need.

4. And finally, it should have one feature that was the main reason that I bought the 886: it should NOT be made in China!

ps. to Peter and the rest of the Outlaws: you've handled this extremely well!