With regards to an Ethernet port and network ready I have two views of this.

First, I think I'm game for an a network ready pre/pro. Seeing other units being able to be configured though a web interface on a computer is pretty cool. I also like the ability to listen to net radio on the unit. Additionally being notified of an update is nice.

Second, I can go for no networking or radio at all in the unit. Just use the unit to process video and audio.

I really would prefer to have a box that tunes in radio, hd radio, satellite and net radio in one box. I listen to net radio more than OTA radio, but I tend to do it on my computer because it's too much of a hassle to setup on my entertainment system. I think those technologies should all be combined in one box instead of having radio and hd radio in a box and then having net radio in some separate box, that make no sense to me. Have all your radio regardless if it comes OTA or through the internet in one location. If it's a new separate, great! I'd actually prefer a new separate. But I agree that we don't need redundancy.

I gather a regular tuner is cheap and simple to add and an HD tuner isn't much more difficult, but when you get into net tuner you're adding a slew of new protocols and technology that significantly adds to the cost. Nonetheless, I rather buy them all in one separate unit or have them all combined in the pre/pro, but not separately.