Originally Posted By: KOYAAN
A specific release date is an unrealistic request for anyone. While I've never worked in electronics, I've worked in manufacturing long enough to know that projecting a quarter for release of a new product is about as close as anyone can come.

Based on recent history, even an estimate based on the quarter is likely to be a complete shot in the dark. smile

I wouldn't hold your breath. Based on what I saw in the announcement, I'd be pretty surprised if this thing saw the light of day until sometime in mid-late 2011. I doubt many "old timers" are going to hold out for that long (especially those that were strung along for a couple of years on the 997) so I suspect their real hope with this is to advertise and attract a new crop of customers.

Maybe they'll have better luck with their new line of speakers. I suspect we've reached a point in time where small niche players just don't have the budget to effectively play in the theater processor game. Might be better for them to just cut bait on a branded processor and focus on what they're good at, rebranding Peter's amps and trying to leverage their license for the new speaker designs. Leave the capital/time intensive processor business up to a well-funded partner like Onkyo and get on with life.

Best,