Yes I am referring to USB in lieu of a network connection. I disagree. The network connection not only offers a very easy way to update firmware (lov it on the Oppo unit as well), but allows things like music server ability and internet radio connection. My high end stereo system will have a PS Audio Perfect DAC and Bridge as soon as they are finished (I have more trust in them, especially since I seen heard and played with the prototype at CES) so I understand your point on seperates, but for my HT system I do not need a sperate unit to play FLAC files. I listened to the ONKYO and it sounds very, very good and I have a discerning ear.

I also like internet radio. Not the normally internet radio of various stations with various content, I mean Pandora radio. It connected to my existing pandora account and started to play songs and styles Pandora knows I like, this was way cool and sounded a lot better than from my PC. However it is only mp3 quality but with the various "kitchen sink" dolby/THX/DTS surrond settings and the Audessy Multi EQ 8 point correction it sounded pretty darn good.

As for other things, who knows as they have given us little real detail as of now (what DACS, what video chip, 9.2, 7.1?), which leads me to belive they do not know the detail right now.

I promise that if they get a new funtional improved processor out by the end of the year as promised in the email I will come on this forum and eat my words.