My main point is that we cannot rely on their predictions any longer. You can put as positive spin on it as you would like but the fact is this processor is incredibly late considering the state of electronics today.

I would not wait for some mythical processor somewhere in the future from a company that admittedly allows others to engineer, program and manufacture. I would buy the best unit you can afford when you need to move on and plan to upgrade that unit every 2 to 3 years if you want to stay current.

If you are happy with what you have then go ahead and wait. If not it might be time to move on. My mistake is that I have wanted to move on for many months as my 990 has more and more problems and continues to become obsolete. I made the mistake of believing in the Outlaw folks and waiting.

Outlaw makes it sound like all of these delays were not there fault and they have learned from it. I hope for all of your sake that are waiting for the now mythical 998, that is true.

Who knows after enjoying my Onkyo PR-SC5507P for a couple of years and upgrading to a 3D TV when they become mainstream I will be back to get my $200 discount on a 998 that was just freshly released.