Having become 'attached' to the 997 over the past year-and-a-half there was a bit of disappointment, but considering the newer specs of the 998 and how much Outlaw desires to have both a solid and cutting-edge product, they have my full support. My little Pioneer receiver is doing just fine so I don't have an immediate need to buy something else. Besides, I've been waiting several years to go separates, I think I can go a bit longer. Also, it gives me the chance to pay down some debts to more easily afford this unit.

I did audition a Pioneer Elite receiver, but didn't want to deal with HDMI issues and not being able to easily update the unit (In the event the problem was ever taken care of...) Then the other day I was rather unhappy about our Kenmore washing machine that will not properly wash clothes if you only throw in a couple items at a time (So what do you do if you only have a couple of red shirts and you aren't supposed to mix colors? Use the bathtub and ring them out by hand?!) so I can appreciate having a product that is not 'half-baked' and thrust upon the consumer, so many thanks to Outlaw for respecting me as a customer for not wanting to sell me a product that's not fully functional.

Edited by UtahGuy (03/12/10 10:13 AM)
Edit Reason: Typos.