Up early this morning myself but AGAssarsson beat me to the punch.
Finally Outlaw has stepped up to the plate as I thought they would and should. I applaud PT and the rest of the Outlaw team for their decision which was a long time coming'. Perhaps Outlaw wanted to make this move some time ago and for legal reasons was holding back and was patiently waiting for the time to pitch their ball.
3D, HDMI 1.4a inputs and outputs, along with HIGH PERFORMANCE DACS all sweeten the pot. Not to mention Outlaw is still committed to the Trinnov Optimizer.
It sounds to me that Outlaw is even more committed to the rest of the gangs satisfaction and confidence to give everyone what they want and need in a high-end low cost processor.
I have read a FEW negative remarks on this forum more specifically Facebook that sounded as though they want the KINGS head on a platter for not delivering the 990 and with that have jumped ship. I think that there will be many out there wishing they had waited.
When you think about it those of us who have the 990 already have a great product.
My advice is "relax and gently float down stream" enjoy what we have and the best is yet to come.

Bravo...Outlaw...Bravo!!!
B&W 803D2’s HTM3S DS7's
HSU Subwoofer
Mitsubishi 6800 Projector
Da-Lite Screen,
Oppo BDP93
Comcast
PS Audio DSD
Stack Variac
Kill-O-Watt
Nakamichi cables Audio 8 cables
Air-Server