After reading today's email regarding the 997, I would like to say "Thank you" to Outlaw for being honest with us and for taking responsibility. It is all too often in today's world that companies don't, and Outlaw could have easily done the same, so it's nice to see that the reasoning behind the decision to cancel the 997 was laid-out for us.

With that being said, I do hope that the 998 (I'd call it the 1000) will make it out by the end of the year, and hopefully we'll have more specs to go on before then.

One thing I'd like to see added to the 998 (which isn't on the 997 or 990) is a Balanced XLR analog CD input. That way "higher end" CD players or DACs with Balanced XLR outputs can be be used, instead of having to use their unbalanced RCA outputs. On my 990/7500 combo, I'm using 5 MIT XLR cables to connect them, and think it does sound better than using RCA. Since I'm looking to buy a higher-end CD player later this year (or next year) it will most likely have XLR and RCA outputs, so of course between the two it would be better to use the XLR.

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing more about the 998.

-FAUguy

Edited by FAUguy (03/12/10 08:43 AM)