Originally Posted By: XenonMan
Take a while and listen to all the sources through the 886 and then swap over to the BDP-83 for a while. I doubt you will hear much difference if they are at the same levels. Any comparison has to be done at the same levels to mean anything. Generally the source with the highest level will almost always sound better. Just the way it works.

XeonMan, Thank You for you response.

On a related question, I see from your signature you are using Blue Jeans interconnects. Are you happy with them? I am getting their HDMI cables to use in this setup. But I was wondering about their XLR Balanced cables. My current ones are a little short so I was debating between buying new ones at the correct length or buying the Outlaw extensions. Do you use there XLR's? Are you happy with them? Would you go with extensions or new ones?
Emotiva XMC-1, Outlaw 7500, Sonus Faber Olympica III Fronts, SF Liuto Center, SF Surrounds, LFM-1 EX, Oppo BDP-103D, Apple TV (Gen. 4), Mitsubishi 65" Diamond DLP, Outlaw Cables, PS Audio Power Quintet, Duet and power cords.