Hey all!

Just a thought that's been running through my mind over this situation. I've also been keeping track of the Sherwood 972 and at times shaking my head over how buggy that thing is, or should I say that Sherwood had the nerve to actually sell a product that was that riddled with problems. I can empathize with other's desire as I find myself practically chomping at the bit to get my hands on a 997 of my very own. I'd love to get some information regarding progress, but what if the Outlaws simply have no idea when it's going to be ready. Regardless of PeterT comes on and says 'we don't have a definite date' it's basically the same thing, just we'd know he doesn't know either.

I temporarily jumped ship and auditioned a Pioneer receiver and it was the classic 'green/black screen' plus no way for the user to update the unit that caused me to take it back to Best Buy. I have no desire to deal with that again. It's Outlaw's past history and the praises it's current customers (I'll be happy to add to that with the experience with the 7125 amp!) that keeps me waiting. Plus this Trinnov deal sounds appealing what with (When they happen) positive comments regarding the 972.

If it took six months of Beta testing on the Oppo BD-83 player and considering how more complex a pre/pro likely is, and I seem to remember Outlaw having preliminary 997 units last July, it might not unreasonable to expect to not see the unit until this Summer.

Yeah, kinda hurts me too, but maybe a totally random point of view might help some? wink