Originally Posted By: Ulli Pietsch
Another review, not exactly detailed but interesting that the video upscalling was an issue while the audio was not.

http://hometheater.about.com/b/2010/02/2...duct-review.htm

WOW, not a very good review! If this reviewer is accurate about its inability to correctly do up-scaling then Outlaw has a great deal of work in front of them prior to releasing this box. Although this is not the most critical feature I would be looking for in my processor it is still an important one. Furthermore, I think it speaks volumes to the troubles they are having bringing this to market.

However, to be fair, I do question this review somewhat. I find it really hard to believe that they would be releasing something with that fundamental of a problem. Could this really be just a bad review, i.e. this reviewer is suffering from FOP. BTW, those of you who have never worked on technical help desks FOP stands for F%&^* Operator Problems.

Either way, I am really getting close to jumping ship. There are so many very good systems coming out know I am finding it hard to justify continuing to wait for Outlaw to deliver on the 997. Especially when there is no ETA in sight. I really do like the concept behind the Trinnov Optimizer Room Correction. Has anyone else come to market with it in their processor? I don't think so, but I could be wrong. So what other processors are people looking at instead of a 997? I know about the Onkyo that Outlaw is selling and yet a newer one that Onkyo has the PR-SC5507 which seems to be in Europe only. I looked at the Emotiva, but was underwhelmed. What other ones are out there worth looking at?
Emotiva XMC-1, Outlaw 7500, Sonus Faber Olympica III Fronts, SF Liuto Center, SF Surrounds, LFM-1 EX, Oppo BDP-103D, Apple TV (Gen. 4), Mitsubishi 65" Diamond DLP, Outlaw Cables, PS Audio Power Quintet, Duet and power cords.