i am losing my faith as well. i bought a 970 last september(less than six months ago!) from outlaw and it now has multiple audio issues. audio should be the most basic function for them suppling an audiophile product and yet they sold me a defective unit, and long after the issues were well know. i have the same "no audio" issue, and since then ive done testing and found the balance in stereo mode to be off, and not in a consistant manner either. one person believes its an issue in the pink noise generator which is unproven. im very disappointed i was sold this unit, period, and even more disappointed to see them still being sold on ebay by outlaw.

i also found a set of mono blocks locally and auditioned them at home before buying..which ended in disappointment too. they were noisy when nothing was being played, and once playing music i found them to be less musical than my 20+yr old adcom amp with half the juice. at least i didnt have to buy them to find this out thank god. i realize thse amps are not made buy the builder tha makes most of the rest of their amps but it simply tells me that quality isnt there any more.

if all this is some kind of "thrown under the bus" move toward outlaw from the customers i dont want to be a customer anymore. when a company like this sells this type of product they deserve to have feedback. i sure lost money on this gear, they should lose face.

i understand loyalty toward the makers of your gear, but why defend them when they are falling short? should all of us having issues shut up and except our loss? and what about others considering buying the 970, shouldnt they get a warning? great service is second only to an even better product, the cart seems to be before horse here. Outlaw should look to emotiva for some example how to stay relevent. they cant keep their products in stock they sell so fast, and their products are being compared to those with 4x the price tag with favor in hifi rags across the net.

im very disappointed. its a shame, 7yrs ago this company was a real value, now i see a huge hole in the boat and no one seems to be bailing water.

Outlaw 970>
Emotiva XPA-2>
Martin Logan Preface

Some Of My Live Recordings: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/J.Mimna

My Concert Photographs: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimna/collections/72157613267633153/