The 990 is fully capable of providing the video input to any display of any resolution currently on the market. I do not believe it can be completely disregarded for current home theater designers as its lower cost will allow the budget to be targeted towards other more expensive equipment. Granted, it is not by any means future proof, but it is capable today and will be until the displays are far more adavnced than they are today. The fact that the designers at Outlaw gave it both DVI and 7 channel analog input made it as future proof as it could be when it was introduced. That tells me they thought it out pretty well and it is a success.

I have a 990 and a Onkyo 886. I am in the market for a new display and would trust either processor to provide an excellent HT experience. I think for those of us that see through the Audio/Video "bleeding edge" hype, Outlaw and Emotiva and others provide equipment which performs as well as any on the planet.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner