I'm kind of on the fence at this point about a new processor. I have an 83SE, and I'd prefer to use analog inputs over HDMI since I made the 'investment' into the SE over the standard 83. My room isn't the greatest, and I'm sure I'd benefit from some kind of room correction (I liked Audyssey when I had it on an Onkyo receiver, and it did make a difference with movies). I still want 2 channel audio performance though, so I'm leaning toward something that 'lets the sound alone' for 2 channel performance and can offer room correction/processing for multichannel audio and movies. I too was waiting for the 997, but I'm not sure it's going to make it to market anytime soon, and even then the Trinnov implementation seems to be fraught with issues on Sherwood's 972. I'm believing Outlaw won't release the 997 before the bugs are worked out, but without it's own product to compete in this segment, it has to be really hurting their brand and bottom line, so the pressure for a release ASAP has to be there.

I guess if I want to get off the fence, from everything I've read the Onkyo 886 will do what I want.

Edited by og33 (02/12/10 06:30 AM)
Panasonic BDP-45
Outlaw LFM-2

2 Channel:
Red Dragon M-500 monoblocks
BAT-VK3i
Salk HT-1TL's
Apple TV
Beresford 7520 DAC
Surgex XS10