Like many other Outlaw enthusiasts, I was patiently waiting for the 997, but the wait caused me to really think about my needs.

Upon reflection, I realized that my main requirement was HDMI video and audio switching, to get away from the spaghetti at the back of my system and to enable all sources to be routed through the processor. This way my TV would show all control feedback, something that I lacked with my previous 950-based system.
I also realized that the Trinnov system, which initially was very appealing to me, was not likely going to make any dramatic differences in my sound, because my room is pretty much balanced already, requiring only minor tweaks to balance it out.

I am still a supported of Outlaw ... my LFM1 Plus subwoofer performs superbly and the 7100 power amp continues to deliver solid power for my needs, but given my re-think on my requirements I decided to go with one of the new Integra processors (DHC 40.1), which met my needs and performs well.

It will be interesting to see the reviews of the 970 when it finally comes out, I hope that it lives up to the high expectation of the Outlaw faithful.

Pete
Integra DHC40.1 preprocessor, Outlaw 7100 Power amp, Martin Logan Aeon II front speakers, Axiom LP150 center speaker, Axiom QS8 surround speakers, Outlaw LFM1 Plus subwoofer, Oppo DBP-83 Blu-Ray/SACD/DVD player, AppleTV music/photo server, DirecTV HR20 satellite receiver

Pete