John, the implementation of Trinnov in the R972 (and presumably in the upcoming Outlaw 997) does indeed include the full phase time domain compensation like their professional model does. But keep in mind that this is not a "per speaker" correction- it instead attempts to correct the audio as perceived by a listenener who is seated in or near the "sweet spot" (i.e., the location where the calibration mic was placed during setup). It accomplishes this magic by using all 5.1 or 7.1 speakers in the listening room to work together (cooperatively) to reproduce an optimal spherical wavefront at the primary listening position. This also explains why it doesn't work with only two speakers (stereo) as I mentioned in my previous post above.

Luckily, the effectiveness of the correction degrades very gracefully the further the listener is seated from the sweet spot. The result is that all listeners hear an improved sound field, and the lucky listener who is seated in the sweet spot will benefit the most.