Once I get my system set up I will let you know if an MP3 at a high bit rate(192Kbps and up) really doesn't sound as good as a CD. I can't tell a difference on the system I have now which is basically a computer w/ Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers.

I've heard it told both ways and don't have the sound system to really bring out the differences. And if you burn an MP3 to disc aren't you going to hear the supposed loss of quality since the MP3 will have already lost some of the original quality? Once it is lost you can not get it back. No?

Seems the wave of the future is mass storage vs having to change discs all the time. Sound and Vision just had a huge report on media servers and didn't mention anything about--if you do this then your music won't sound as good.

Plus all the problems that sites like Napster that charge per download will have. If the music is inferior they are ultimately doomed to failure(Eventhough a lot of people don't really give a crap).. Either way if I can tell a difference then I will be changing my set up. So time will tell.