Before I answer, I'd like to say that on the one occasion where I needed support, Outlaw's support was excellent (one of my LFM-1's arrived with a defective amp and they cross-shipped the replacement without any prodding). So in that regard, I trust them.

That said, whether I trust them or not has ceased to be relevant. Outlaw has really lost its way. 5 years ago when I loaded up on home theater gear, Outlaw really was a bargain and offered performance that wasn't available at an affordable price point and features in the 990 that were cutting edge at any price at that time. Today, at least from where I'm standing, Outlaw appears to be mostly a re-branding service. Speakers from Snell, Subs from Hsu, processors from Onkyo, gadgets from Velodyne, cables from God-knows-where, etc. It's audioadvisor with a custom label. frown

Times have changed. There are other outfits selling similar gear at lower prices on the one hand and you can go into brick and mortar electronics stores today and get competitively priced theater gear at prices comparable to Outlaw. What you don't get is the service, but a lot of folks will forgo that to save a buck or to satisfy an impulse buying urge. When I look at how active this web site was a few years ago and compare it to the sleepy place that it has become, it seems obvious to me that the market dynamics have changed and fewer new people are stopping by to take a look. That doesn't bode well at all. So while I trust Outlaw, they have ceased selling things that are attractive to me. Maybe the 997 (if/when it ever ships) and their fancy new speaker line (hopefully not assembled in China) will change things, but they've got a long row to hoe and the 997 debacle has cost them dearly in terms of sales and customer loyalty. I wish the company well, but I'm not optimistic about their chances of being around another 5 years.

Best,