My experiences with Outlaw's customer service has been excellent, but I would say neutral when it comes to their products. I own the 970 and had problems with it from the beginning. I had it replaced at least once (can't remember if it was once or twice) and also had it serviced once. It came back from service working fine but now it is making some odd clicking noises and I'm done with it. I'll be putting it on ebay sometime in the future.

Haven't had any problems with the 7100 amp I bought from them though I suspect if I swapped it out with a higher quality amp my popping would disappear. Just a guess at this point.

Also bought the Onkyo 886. Great unit but got it with the old firmware. I was too lazy to deal with sending it back for the updated firmware but it works and I don't have any issues.

Just got some used Outlaw 200 monoblocks. Besides the pretty loud hiss they produce from my tweeters, they seem ok. What can I say, I'm hard to please when it comes to audio equipment. Outlaw makes good stuff that's affordable, so I'll stick with them and just hope for the best. Sometimes it works out, and sometimes it doesn't.... like with the 970.

I hope the 997 does turn out to be a good product like the 990 as I know my brother is waiting patiently for it.
M&K 851 for L/C/R
Axiom QS8 for SL/SR/1SB
SVS Pb12-ISD/2 (x2)
Sony VPL-HW15 (Retired Infocus 7205)
Sony PS3 / Pioneer DV-533