many are perpetually waiting for the arrival of mythical 997. I wonder how many of those waiting for the 997 are owners of the Outlaw 970 pre/pro.

As many of you know, this model, while it did provide considerable "bang-for-the-buck" it was sold (and continues to be sold) defective. Outlaw sold this product knowing that many units were defective with the "no-audio" bug --- among other glitches.

So, I wonder why so many are anxiously awaiting the debut of another untested Outlaw product in the 997? What has Outlaw done to convince the buying public that they will not repeat this behavior when (not if) the bugs start popping up on the 997?

If history is any indication of future behavior, it would seem unwise to invest in Outlaw again, knowing that they are comfortable with selling defective products.

This is not meant to 'throw Outlaw under the bus', rather, I think a healthly conversation about their past behavior should be conducted while many wait to drop $1,400 on another Outlaw pre/pro....