Lotus--

Thanks for the reply. I have looked a bit into FPTV but I really don't think it will work for my particular set up as the ceilings are only 8' and the wall were the screen will be is only about 10'. A 100" screen would be way to big anyway since we will only be sitting 12' max from the screen.

Since my first post I've decided to have an aquaintance build a media server w/ top of the line video card and sound card and 2 250 GB hard drives to house all my music and some video(VCD type stuff). I also think it will have the capability to do some TIVO type recording of regular programming. So for the DVD player I think the video will be paramount. The Denon is a bit steep and I was thinking about going with the cheaper Denon and I'll look at your suggestion as well. DVD player is really still up in the air for me.

I actually have a 3rd floor in this house that is about 800 square feet that one day will be a perfect HT. I am roughing in the electrical and HVAC and will probably insulate and sheetrock. In that room there is no question that I will have FPTV. It will be perfect. Hopefully in the next couple of years prices will come down too.