cbell-

You have some interesting choices there. I'd suggest the following:

Outlaw 950
Outlaw 7100

that runs $1600, and you save $800 for video.

I'd ditch the Samsung, and get a BenQ PB8700 and a 100 inch Da-Lite screen. This should run you around $6300.

So $4100 left for speakers, DVD and wiring.

I'd go with a NAD DVD player, T533. It had DVD-A, but no SACD. NO DVI either.

You said CD playback was important, and the NAD kicks the Denon's ass in 2 channel sound (and multichannel sound for that matter).

I'd either go with the NAD, or I'd WAIT and just get a cheap Toshiba DVD player and wait a year for the companies like NAD, Arcam, etc. to make a DVD player with DVD-A and DVI.

That Denon sucks ass for sound (sorry that is the nicest way to put it).

If you go NAD, that leaves you $3600 for speakers. I'd put the money in the fronts, center, and sub. The rears should be cheapest Axiom speakers you can get.

You can do it all for $12000 and get a big nice DLP picture with great CD playback.

Don't sell your system short, if you have the space (and its hard to figure out if you do) you should get a DLP FPTV. 12k is more than enough for it, and great sound.

I'd either save $$$$ on the DVD and wait a year for companies that make awesome sounding DVD players to catch up with DVI or I'd jump on the NAD. IMHO its the best sounding DVD player under $500. The video on it is rather good too. It just doesn't have DVI.

[This message has been edited by lotus_j (edited June 05, 2004).]