Originally Posted By: dgilley
Originally Posted By: AvFan
Originally Posted By: dgilley

I'll buy 3D once it seems like the glitches are worked out.

If 3D is an important feature then I agree it is prudent to wait for the bugs to be fixed. However, the other driving factor is 3D content. The technology could be fine but if there are only a handful of good 3D movies it makes the purchase of the necessary gear less desirable. By "good" I'm referring to plot, character development, story line etc and the appropriate use of 3D. As an example of inappropriate use of technology I point to certain SACD or DVD-A discs. I've got examples that really use the surround speakers yielding an unnatural distracting experience. So, IMO 3D technology and 3D content must mature before we will see any significant level of adoption.

You KNOW George Lucas is going to pay ILM to invent the software to remake all 6 Star Wars movies in 3D. How could he resist?

Will that be enough 3D content for you? smile

I think that is one of the issues here. With BluRay, you could take the old source material and convert it to 1080p and you've got a library that's pretty robust. I just can't imagine how you're going to take old movies and turn them into 3D in a way that would actually look decent. So is anyone going to buy a 3D TV so they can watch the very few movies that have actually been shot in 3D? Now the other factor that may influence here is not the movie crowd but the gaming people. Sony is already talking about producing 3D games. I believe MW2 has grossed more than any movie ever, so that is a pretty huge market. As for me? If it is main stream when my TV dies, I'd take a look. But I wouldn't be in any hurry to go out and buy one. How many people would is the question.