I'm glad knowledgeable folks called Lexicon and, in particular, HomeTheaterReview on the carpet. Lexicon's slight of hand shouldn't be perpetuated by the audio/video media but sadly many "professional" reviews are nothing more than advertisements masquerading as journalism. As a matter of fact the guy who started ComputerAudiophile.com recently got in hot water with his readers for just this type of "review". The product cheerleading in the major magazines is useless to me and so like others I have turned to forums such as this one to get the straight facts on products.

On another note, I wonder how OPPO feels about the pricing on their player after it was slipped behind a Lexicon faceplate? I don't think a dealer network and a pretty faceplate should buy OPPO's concurrence with a $3,000 price jump. That said I have no idea how such OEM deals are constructed and it is within reason OPPO didn't have any say in the price of their rebadged product. But now that the story is out OPPO shouldn't expect to sell Lexicon many units.