Frank raises a great point. A system is about more than having the latest gadget or most expensive toys. A system is about the sum of its parts working together to give us some enjoyment and entertainment.

Last fall, I had a chance to sit at a guy's house and hear a system built around Proceed electronics driving upper-tier B&W speakers. Some of it was older tech, but it was very high-end stuff. His processor and amp alone probably cost more than my entire system, and I suspect that his speakers and the two subs may have come close to doing the same. Did I leave feeling bad about my system? Nope. I left feeling proud of my system. A partnership of more affordable products, integrated with careful thought into our den, sounded better than the amalgam of much more expensive gear that was awkwardly grouped together in his theater/office. Sure, I am pretty certain that I could have taken his stuff and set it up in such a way that it would have performed much better (although I'd have swapped the PS3 out for a BDP-83), but it is a worthwhile reminder that it's good to sometimes stop, give yourself credit for assembling the system you have in front of you, and just enjoy the music/movies.