I recently went to my local Audio Video store and was blown away with some pretty impressive equipment. Wilson Audio, Runco,MacIntosh to name a few. The awe inspiring Home theater room that I was in sitting on a Home Theater $3000.00 recliner with a lot of impressive acoustic material surrounding me that could pass for artwork made the room very easy on the eyes.
The demo I was viewing was Terminator Salvation which if your a Terminator fan was a decent movie and gives your subs a good workout. I think that Christian Bale does a good job on the part of playing John Connor.
Sorry I digressed!
The point is that when I came home that day and watch the same movie in my Home Theater I was just as impressed.
I thought about how blessed I am to be fortunate enough to have a dedicated Home Theater room.
I am tired of trying to keep up the idea of getting a better this or that.
I have been thinking of the 997 for some time and I am realizing that what I have 990/7700 is already the Cream' de La Crem'.

Avatar 3D iMax is awesome. Congratulations to James Cameron, Disney if anyone has been to Orlando or Anaheim has some powerful 3D. Very entertaining and cool for sure.
So we just enter the Blu-Ray era, now it's the 3D era and do not forget LED, both in TV's and projectors.
It never ends.

I promised myself that I will not buy another piece of equipment just to update. You never can update. By the time you set-up that new pre-pro, TV, or 9.1 speaker system the electronic industry pulls another rabbit out of the hat.

So I am being content,,,very content. Unless something brakes where it is not financially feasible to repair I am not replacing it for the sake of updating.
The 997 would have to do a lot for me to change what I already feel is a damn good system.
Again my opinion.
I love Outlaw and will continue to buy their products but only when I have too.

Frank
B&W 803D2’s HTM3S DS7's
HSU Subwoofer
Mitsubishi 6800 Projector
Da-Lite Screen,
Oppo BDP93
Comcast
PS Audio DSD
Stack Variac
Kill-O-Watt
Nakamichi cables Audio 8 cables
Air-Server