I pulled the trigger on a processor upgrade from my Outlaw 950, with the new Onkyo 5507. I have been a loyal Outlaw fan since 2003 but didn't see the cost/benefit to upgrading with the subsequent Outlaw processors. They all seemed just incrementally better than the 950. I have followed the travails of the 997, and viewed the addition of the Onyko 886 as good move/endorsement of the best available processor in today's market.

I wanted to buy the 997, but also wanted to upgrade my system now, not down the road. I bought an Oppo 983 blu ray player recently as well, (upgrading from the 981HD).

I will say the 5507 is pretty amazing. The connection options are over the top, given I am pretty much only using the Oppo at this point. The sound quality through my Outlaw 750 and M 200 amps is great, and I have not had any issues with "slow signals."

The question I have for you all is which video processor to use? I am using the Oppo processor now via HDMI to the Onkyo to my Sharp 10000 projector with 1080i processing. So the question is which processor wins in the cage match, the Reon or the Anchor Bay?

Thoughts gents? I know I could tweak this and find out myself, but before I do this, I thought I would get some feedback from the other Outlaws.

Additionally, I have a now 7 year old Denon 2900 DVD/CD/SACD player that I could put in the mix, with an analog or optical connection. The DACs in the Onkyo have been great so far with SACD and DVD Audio discs coming out of the Oppo via HDMI. Again, I know I could hook this up and test it for myself, but I thought I would get some opinions on whether the you all feel the Denon would hold up versus the Oppo in the sound quality department.

Finally, I have Paradigm Studio 60's v2 upfront, a Studio CC front and rear center, Studio ADP's on the sides, and Paradigm Servo 15 subwoofer in a 6.1 configuration for informational purposes.

Thanks in advance for the input all.

Gary