Originally Posted By: AvFan
Thanks for the links Mzpro5. I thought the quote that in the near future you won't be able to buy a TV without 3D capability rather arrogant. Nobody knows how much that will add to the price and the reaction of the buying public.

Upgrade fatigue. Just the buzzword I was reaching for but failed to enunciate. Absolutely true. As expected, the industry is anxious and tittering about anything that might keep the promise of the ultra-profitable HDTV alive. If it weren't for LED local dimming, energy star qualifiers and 1.2 inch deep sets, the prospect of selling a $3000 TV would be a distant memory by now. Seems like they don't want to face up to the glory days being behind them.

Originally Posted By: AvFan
There may be a dim glimmer of a market. I'm not a gamer but I have seen some of the games on an xBox 360 and I bet 3D would be very popular (and you don't need too many glasses) with those who play. But again you'd have to sit very close to a standard size screen to get an immersive experience.

Of course, this means that you'd need an all-new game console as well. I'm fatigued just thinking about it...

Edited by sluggo (01/16/10 05:10 PM)