Originally Posted By: AvFan
I thought the quote that in the near future you won't be able to buy a TV without 3D capability rather arrogant. Nobody knows how much that will add to the price and the reaction of the buying public.

I agree - this is going to add cost, potentially a lot of cost. Plenty of folks aren't going to want to pay that premium if they can avoid it.
Originally Posted By: AvFan
There may be a dim glimmer of a market. I'm not a gamer but I have seen some of the games on an xBox 360 and I bet 3D would be very popular (and you don't need too many glasses) with those who play. But again you'd have to sit very close to a standard size screen to get an immersive experience. However, it would be much easier using a projector. Has anyone seen any discussion of 3D projectors? Regardless, this is such a narrow segment I can't imagine it would drive a broad change.

We've got them in movie theaters already. It's feasible. There were some 3D projectors mentioned at CES, I believe, but one complaint I've read from industry blogs is that the presence of glasses between you and the screen reduces the image brightness for any 3D display. Projectors already fight for every lumen of light output they can get. Not an ideal combination.