Electronics manufactures and movie studios can proclaim 3D the next thing but in terms of sales DVD is still king with BluRay gaining but still way back. This recent press release from The Digital Entertainment Group includes a chart that tracks sales of home media over the years and it looks like we still live in a 480i world. BluRay sales are increasing but the market transformation to BluRay still has a ways to go. I strongly doubt folks moving from standard def will leap over 1080p and BluRay for 3D capable equipment. This says nothing of how much 3D content will be available and whether its quality will sway even early adopters. As for me I don't see the draw for 3D. I enjoyed how Avatar looked in 3D for example but I wouldn't spend thousands of dollars to buy equipment to watch the few 3D titles at home. I suspect the 997 and even the 990 with a BluRay player will be safe for a while. So, I'm not going to worry about 3D and instead concentrate my efforts on increasing BluRay's market share!