Quote:
Originally posted by JT Clark:
Well actually I think [b]I wasn't clear enough. You can judge subs if you have the right specs. We don't, so it's best to not judge by them. As you have pointed out as well, it can be very misleading. Based off the info given I wouldn't give the edge to either one, nor would I call it a tie. Just undecided. There is nothing to tell us about distortion or transient response. There is partial info on loudness (via power), but we'd be kidding ourselves if we thought the more powerful one would always be louder. There are other ways to get more volume.

I said the following in another post as well. I know of the right specs to use, but I don't know where to get them and I'm only so-so at reading them anyway.[/B]

i know enough about other velodynes to post on their specs, but specs really mean nothing unless you know what they mean. so it seems that if you do know what they tend to mean you can make an informed observation on the qualities. yes it is just speculation, but educated is better than nothing.