Originally Posted By: countryboy
Gonk I don't quite understand how you could use the HDFury2 with two HDMI sources since it only has one input?

Let's say you have two HDMI sources that you want to connect to your TV, even though it doesn't have an HDMI input. This could be a Boxee and a Blu-ray player, for example. You connect both sources to the 990 with HDMI-to-DVI cables (plus a digital audio cable or multichannel analog cables to handle the audio). Then you connect the DVI output from the 990 to the input of the HDFury2. The output of the HDFury2 then goes to the TV.
So the Boxee Box would connect via HDMI to the 990 DVI input (with adapter), then from 990 DVI output (with adapter) you would run another HDMI cable into one side of the HDFury2 and then back out via component into my other tv component input. Does this seem right?

Yes.
If above is correct then it sounds like all my analog equipment would continue to be switched by the 990 to the same tv component input as now but when I wanted to use the Boxee Box the 990 would switch to it but I would have to change the tv to the other component input.

Also correct. You would probably still have a component video output from the 990 that will carry all your analog sources, and you will have to switch between the two component inputs on the TV. At a minimum, you would have some sort of analog video output from the 990 so you could see the setup menu.

This whole concept is based on the idea that you have two HDMI sources. If you just have one, you can still retain the signal component video output from the 990 for all sources and connect the HDFury2 between the Boxee and the 990. As with many things, there's no one right answer - just lots of options available depending on your needs.