Originally Posted By: gonk

One benefit of the 990's DVI switching is that you could actually use the HDFury2 with two HDMI sources (with the 990 between those sources and the TV). You'll need to have two component inputs on your TV to do this - one for the component output of the 990 (for all your analog video sources, including that outboard HD tuner) and one for the component output of the HDFury.

Gonk I don't quite understand how you could use the HDFury2 with two HDMI sources since it only has one input?

So the Boxee Box would connect via HDMI to the 990 DVI input (with adapter), then from 990 DVI output (with adapter) you would run another HDMI cable into one side of the HDFury2 and then back out via component into my other tv component input. Does this seem right?

If above is correct then it sounds like all my analog equipment would continue to be switched by the 990 to the same tv component input as now but when I wanted to use the Boxee Box the 990 would switch to it but I would have to change the tv to the other component input.

Edited by countryboy (01/12/10 07:49 PM)