I recently built a pair of surround speakers for my system, they are behind the listening position and are unique in that they are aimed UPWARDS at a 10% angle with the ceiling. Thus they reflect off the ceiling. This design is a clone of similar speakers by GR research. (OK I like building speakers so I would be a hard sell).

Nice to see Outlaw now has their own surround speakers! I assume that the direct/diffuse switch actually changes between mono-pole and di-pole operation. These may be just the ticket for my side surround position speakers if I ever go 7.1. Right now only 5.1 since the room layout makes true 7.1 a problem, the listening position is right up against the rear wall, so the surround speakers are to the rear displaced left and right. OH BTW, These look like a smaller version of a surround speaker made by Niles Audio (I work for Niles) http://www.nilesaudio.com/product.php?prodID=Pro770FX&recordID=Professional%20Cabinet,%20Home%20Theater%20Loudspeakers&categoryID=StageFront&catcdID=13&prdcdID=FG01337

I wonder if the new pre-processor (995) will have some form of time alignment to allow for 'weird' speaker layouts.