curegeorg--
What would you recommend in the $500/600 range from Velodyne.
Answer:dls-3750. however i have not heard it and it is a newer model. if you ask velodyne they would say nothing lower than the spls though, and i would agree. look at the specs of the spls compared to less expensive models, there is a tremedous difference. (specs. are great to compare inner-brand like that, and velodyne is pretty detailed) come on with a 15k budget, you cant honestly expect to only spend 500 on a subwoofer... spls are around 1k i think. 1/15 of your system on the most important speaker is not too much.

I was going to go with Anthem AV20 before I read about the Outlaw stuff which seems very competitive. Also looked at Rotel very closely. The Outlaw combo just seems like the best value and that is important to me.
Comment- the best is what it is, nothing more and nothing less.

My biggest concern is your bashing of the Samsung DLP. ... I guess that leaves LCD and LCoS. Do you like any of these? If so why.
1-Samsung is cheap. 2-Samsung is cheap. 3-Rainbow effect (it drove my friend nuts, and he went with sony lcd projection (NOT WEGA THOUGH) and loved it, just not quite as black). 4-I have seen/heard of numerous problems with the color wheel and it has been out how long? 5-Fan failure (i know of one that popped, sizzled, and smoked) 6-DLP is best with 3 chip; samsung does not offer that yet 7-1st generation available to consumer 8-Did I already mention that Samsung is cheap? Well they spend more money on developing new techs. rather than implementing what they have correctly. They are cutting edge, but at all costs, which means low quality workmanship. I can go on and on, but basically they make junk. LCoS is too much for your budget I would think. I saw the Mitsu when it came out and it is nicer than LCD, but not as much as I thought it would have been. I dont think it justifies the price... However compare the two side by side somewhere and see for yourself. I dont know of who exactly offers LCoS, but a bunch of companies make LCD with Sony being best (i dont care for Sony and they make turds from time to time, and i know of a lot of problems with their LCD projection too, but still better than Samsung DLP)

Sherwood just came out with an updated pre/pro, so check it out. I bet outlaw will get a very similar model, like before, but maybe not. if they do it will be less $$.