According to the latest update from Sherwood USA, the R-972 will be available in the USA on Sept.24th and in Canada a week or so later. The suggested Canadian price will be $2499.95.

Thanks again for your e-mail! If you would like me to me to follow-up directly by phone, just drop me a line with an appropriate time and a number for me to do so. Alternatively, you are always welcome to dial Axiom's toll-free number (1-866-244-8796) - any of our Audio Experts would be pleased to help.

Above is the reply I recieved when making an inquiry to Axiom. Unless we order from a U.S. company, we pay a premium for electronics. Sadly it is usually less expensive for us to order from places like Outlaw - pay the GST/PST/Shippping than buy from a Canadian retailer. I currently own a 7500, I can't imagine buying a 2505 from a retailer. We would still have to pay all the taxes and shipping plus the mark up. I can recall ordering a 1202, in the packaging someone also put the invoice from ATI for a number of thier products. The retailer cost was quite a difference between what the actual cost that ATI was charging.