hey rubbersoul,

I obviously don't own an ECS-10 but for what it's worth I've been messing around with my 2-sub configuration and I have similar room dimensions as yours and I have a Fathom F112.

Recently I have been moving equipment in and out of my living room. I was down to just the Fathom F112 and I have to be honest - I wasn't overly impressed with it alone in my room. It must be the size of the room and placement. I let it go that way for about 2-3 months but the other night with the wife and kid out of the house, I pulled the Earthquake 12 back into the mix and I'm a much happier listener now.

Part of my issue was movie watching with the Pioneer I just bought. No amount of adjustments could make the Fathom 12 alone come alive enough like I had grown accustomed. I had the sub channel on the BDP-51 maxed at +6, the sub channel on the 1070 maxed at +10, and was even resorting to using the tone adjustments on the 1070. I finally threw in the towel and brought back the other sub.

So for what it's worth, getting a second will be worth your time. The ECS is a great looking sub - much better looking in my opinion than the Earthquake units, and if your new sub is going to be sitting front and center, that's certainly something to consider, but I'm willing to bet the Earthquake sub would pummel it dollar for dollar. I got mine for $600 dealer direct. I find the 2 seem to work together quite nicely.

Alas, should a few hundrew bucks not matter, and if it didn't matter to me and my wife, I'd go get another Fathom F112. But I'm "constrained" by the equipment in the house.

Happy hunting and good luck.
Elite 50" / Aquos 32"
Squeezebox Radio

Stereo Setup:
NAD C326BEE (50Wx2)
Elite DV-47Ai Universal SACD/DVD-A
Citypulse DA7.2x II + TXCO DAC
B&W 685s
JL Fathom F112
Denon AH-D2000 Headphones