Quote:
Can someone weigh in without predjudence would be a good match.
I am a little leary with an unproven sub such as the ECS-10.
More importantly I would like someone more knowledgeable then myself to compare.
It's hard to say much about the ECS-10 now, before they've even shipped one to anybody. You do have the 30-day return policy with Outlaw, and a little sub like that (even at 50-odd pounds shipped) isn't likely to be a major expense to ship. There have been a number of very successful little subs like this, so the small size doesn't worry me. On the contrary, that's the whole point behind the sealed approach (and a big part of the reason that the ECS-10 costs so much more than the LFM-1 Compact).
Quote:
I don't remember the exact product line but SVS states that even though their BASH amps are below 500 watts the sound they got trounced subs having 1000 watt amps.
Power alone means very little - power must work with the rest of the product. I would counter SVS's comments with the following questions: was that 1000-watt sub amp being fully used, and what kinds of subs were being compared? Compare two subs that only needs 300W peak, and the fact that one has a 1000W amp will not give it any advantage. Similarly, take a ported sub (which generally needs less power in the first place) and compare it to a sealed sub (which generally needs more power, all else being equal), and the low-power sub can still "trounce" the high-powered sub due to the significantly different designs.