While I'm not a fan of streaming video from the Internet (for quality reasons...the concept is nice), I do like the concept of having a device to play digital media.

I got one of these for $100.

http://www.westerndigital.com/en/products/Products.asp?DriveID=734

For about $20 more, there's a version with ethernet if you're into streaming from the Interwebz.

Combined with a $100 1TB USB hard disk, I now have a fairly competent 1080P capable digital media jukebox with HDMI output for video and TOSlink out for audio. It will play mp3 audio, a whole slew of video formats, and is easy for my kids to use. I've been slowly ripping my DVD collection into high quality 1GB H.264 files so that I can store the originals out of harm's way and don't have to fumble through the physical media anymore. It took all of about 10 minutes to setup.

I am out of DVI inputs on my Outlaw 990 (which is why I'm going to replace it soon). So I defined one of the optical inputs on the 990 as the WDTV audio input and simply connected the WDTV's HDMI video output to one of the extra HDMI ports on my LCD screen. My Harmony remote deals with the video switching.

Highly recommended and VERY easy on the wallet.

Best,