Quote:
Originally posted by UtahGuy:
... I don't hold Pioneer solely responsible for the HDMI issues, but I'd like the unit to either work out of the box or at least not have to take it somewhere to have a fix that might not solve the problem ... I figured that Outlaw would probably be well more attentive to these types of issues and make better efforts to try to get any resolved

... I hated the idea of missing the Trinnov boat in case it's all they say and more, and now it turns out that others are reporting that the 972 is finally working and the sound is really something ... Maybe the light at the tunnel is finally here.
Very good points, and thank you for the update UtahGuy.

I have been loyal to the Outlaws for many of my electronic equipment needs because they have been so loyal to me and others who demand a high quality and sensible working platform without the frills. Frills (for me) include the extra channels and processing required for 9.1 audio. The ability to EQ room/speaker configurations so that the audio image is clearly defined as the engineers intended is the summit for me. It is my opinion that if the 997 feature set was defined by the Outlaws today, it would not include 9.1. More is not always better ... despite being able to sell more speakers, amps, and interconnects.

It is unfortunate that Outlaw has been made to endure development delays that I believe were beyond their control, and at the same time take such a personal hit from many in a customer base whose interests have been a primary focus of their design and marketing strategy.

I have the luxury to wait a few more months for Outlaw to get the 997 debugged and listen to the first wave of comments of new 997 owners. Unfortunately, some of my clients could not wait, and that is probably both their and Outlaw's loss, but it is not useful to make that point to them now. Let sleeping dogs lay.

I am making my New Year's wish that the Outlaws have a great 2010, and that we will all be the better for it. I am optimistic that the future will be bright, even if we have to move to higher ground and better built homes to avoid the floods, hurricanes, and other natural disasters caused by Global Warming. Stay inside, and enjoy your music and movies ...

Happy New Year