I think much of the problem lies with the fact that companies that have been part of the American fabric have outsourced most if not all of their manufacturing to China. We are used to buying those names, and partly due to marketing or name recognition/reputation we've just continued to buy from them regardless of where the product is made. I was out this morning looking for some work gloves for my daughter's boyfriend, and every one of the Carhartt gloves were made in China. Yet how many guys who work outside still swear by Carhartt's? If the quality was bad I think eventually the brand would suffer. BTW, I ended up buying a pair by another brand that were made in Pakistan (which I'm not sure is any better).

It's kind of reminiscent to the late 60's...when anything made in Japan was considered cheap or of inferior quality to anything made in America. That's how a lot of people today view stuff made in China. In 20 years, made in China may mean high quality, who knows? I still make most of my buying choices by where it's made.
Panasonic BDP-45
Outlaw LFM-2

2 Channel:
Red Dragon M-500 monoblocks
BAT-VK3i
Salk HT-1TL's
Apple TV
Beresford 7520 DAC
Surgex XS10