Quote:
Originally posted by og33:
Jeff,
I've tried to make a conscious effort to avoid products made in China, but it's becoming close to impossible to do that. From shoelaces to refrigerators...almost every consumer product is made there. If I can find a product that's made here, or anywhere but China I buy it over a made in China product. Unfortunately, I don't know of any bluray players available that aren't made there. I'd thought the one I currently have was made elsewhere but after I bought it I found it was made in China. I'm sure there are some out there, but I haven't run across any. I guess it boils down to if you want a product and they are all made in China, it's a decision to buy it in spite of that fact or just pass.
After being in China on and off for several years and seeing the ucked fup environment (from the business, quality, and ethics standpoints) first hand, I go out of my way to avoid products produced there as well. It seems like "good business" to buy from China as an OEM until you start bumping into things like Outlaw is seeing now and run into the "mei ban fa" mindset. I'd rather make a smaller margin and deal with suppliers with integrity...but that's just me...apparently.

Best,