I agree that you can do it yourself. I'd get the builder to run wiring (or at least conduit) for speakers during construction, if you aren't already.

The Axioms are nice speakers -- I've been pretty pleased with the M3ti's I'm using as surrounds. I am still really fond of my Paradigm Reference speakers, but the Axioms are also very good. As for the sub, I'd probably go with the LFM-1 (it's a little less money than the EP350, and is a great sub for both movies and music).

The 770's extra channels should be aboe to handle the remote speakers, but some others around here may have some input on the specifics of hooking it all up -- there may be more involved than just connecting all ten pairs to the two channels.

The SlimDevices SqueezeBox is a really slick looking piece of equipment. I've experimented with their SlimServer software and been pretty pleased, but don't have any experience with the SqueezeBox itself.

Denon's DVD players have an excellent reputation. The Denon 2200 is very similar to the 2900 for about $400 less. There's also a universal player coming out for Yamaha this summer that will retail for $400 (the DVD-S1500). I'm hoping to try the Yamaha out, and will be reporting in to the forum when that happens.

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links